Applications for JobSaver is now available – https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/jobsaver-payment
JobSaver will provide cash flow support to impacted businesses to help maintain their NSW employee headcount on 13 July 2021.
Eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations with employees will receive fortnightly payments backdated to cover costs incurred from week 4 of the Greater Sydney lockdown (from 18 July 2021 onwards).
The payment will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- minimum payment will be $1,500 per week
- maximum payment will be $10,000 per week.
Weekly payroll should generally be determined by referring to the most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS) provided to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) before 26 June 2021 for the 2020-21 financial year.
If you’re a non-employing business, such as a sole trader, you may be eligible to receive a payment of $1,000 per week.
To be eligible for JobSaver you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as at 1 June 2021;
- have had a national aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020;
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the PublicHealth Order over a minimum 2-week period within the Greater Sydney lockdown (commenced 26 June 2021 and due to end 30 July 2021) compared to the same period in 2019;
- for employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount on 13 July 2021 while you continue to receive JobSaver payments;
- for non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
Please contact our office if an accountant’s letter is required as evidence for the decline in income, or if any further assistance is required.