Applications for the Micro Business Grant is now available – https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/2021-covid-19-micro-business-grant.
If you’re a micro-business (small business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation with aggregated annual turnover between $30,000 and $75,000) impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible to apply for a fortnightly payment of $1,500 to cover business expenses for the duration of the Greater Sydney lockdown.
The 2021 COVID-19 micro-business grant provides cashflow support for micro-businesses in New South Wales who have had their work impacted by the restrictions while continuing to incur business costs.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in, or demonstrate your business was primarily operating in, NSW as at 1 June 2021
have had aggregated annual turnover between $30,000 and $75,000 for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the public health orders over a minimum 2-week period within the Greater Sydney lockdown (commenced 26 June 2021 and due to end 30 July 2021), compared to the same period in 2019
- have business costs for which no other government support is available
have not applied for either the 2021 COVID-19 business grant or the JobSaver payment
- maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021 while receiving payments from this grant, if you’re an employing business
- have this business as your primary income source, if you’re a non-employing business such as a sole trader
Please contact our office if an accountant’s letter is required as evidence for the decline in income, or if any further assistance is required.